Coca River premium roasted cocoa with natural hints of green banana and blackberries
Rising on the flanks of equatorial volcanoes, the Coca River winds through an emerald paradise in southern Ecuador until it feeds into the mighty Amazon. A village close to the Coca River, in a valley called Vilcabamba, is famous for the longevity of its people, many living more than a century. Nurtured in the black soil of this valley and the rich humidity of the cloud-covered rainforest, the Ecuadorian cacao bean produces the chocolatiest Crio Brü. This smooth, sweet and nourishing drink is accented by a perfumed floral scent and lovely floral tones, including a dominant green banana note, blueberries and jasmine.
Cocoa is one of nature’s superfoods, delivering heart-healthy nutrients that boost health and wellness.
Here is list of some of the benefits of incorporating cocoa beans into your life:
Boost your immune system
- Antioxidants fight oxidative damage and free radicals in the body. Cocoa contains the highest concentration of antioxidants of any food in the world, including polyphenols, catechins, and epicatechins. By weight, cocoa has more antioxidants than red wine, blueberries, açai, pomegranates, and goji berries combined. To see the ORAC USDA chart, visit our FAQs page.
- Zinc plays a critical role in supporting your immune system, liver, pancreas and skin.
Increase energy naturally
- Cocoa beans contain a natural stimulant called theobromine that is a relative of caffeine. Unlike caffeine, theobromine gives you a noticeable increase in energy without making you feel nervous or jittery. Cocoa naturally contains about 1% theobromine.
- Theobromine is gentle, mild, has a slow onset, is long lasting and non-addictive whereas caffeine is intense, strong, fast acting, short lived and addictive.
Curb your appetite and lose weight
- Cocoa is one of the great weight loss foods because within its extraordinary nutrition profile it contains the minerals and molecules that help curb appetite and promote weight loss.
- Compared to soda, fruit juice and other drinks, Crio Brü has a nominal number of calories and only 1.5 carbs per serving with many health benefits making it a great addition to any health and fitness program.
Support your heart, digestive system, brain and bones
- Cocoa has more magnesium that any other food, which supports the heart, aids digestion, balances brain chemistry and builds strong bones. Over 80% of Americans are chronically magnesium deficient.
- Crio Brü is a 100% gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, fat free food.
Oxygenate the blood and maintain healthy blood sugar levels
- The trace mineral manganese found in cocoa assists iron to oxygenate the blood and form hemoglobin.
- Found naturally in cacao, copper helps build healthy blood.
- Nearly 80% of Americans are deficient of the trace mineral chromium that helps promote a healthy blood sugar level.
Feel great, increase focus, reduce stress and sleep better
- An endorphin or “bliss chemical” called anadamide is produced by our body after exercise that makes us feel great. It has also been found in one plant – cacao.
- Our body produces the chemical phenylethylamine when we fall in love and increases focus and alertness. This natural chemical is also found abundantly in cocoa.
- Cocoa contains serotonin, a primary neurotransmitter in the body that helps build a “stress defense shield”.
- Tryptophan is a natural anti-depressant amino acid contained in cocoa that transforms into stress-protective neurotransmitters that enhance relaxation and promote better sleep.
Adding Crio Brü to your daily diet will help you take advantage of the many nutrients and benefits native to the cocoa bean, enabling you to lead a healthier and happier life.